Monday, September 6, 2010

Old people in the future

 I took Curly Girly to the nursing home to visit my buddy Millie again (she's doing well, in case you were wondering), and she was sitting in her room watching Dragnet. The last few times I have come to see her, she's been watching Little House on the Prairie. She also tells me that she likes to watch Lawrence Welk. (Well, not watch, since she's blind, but you know what I mean.) I haven't seen a single episode of any one of these shows. I think I've seen maybe a few minutes of Little House once or twice. All I know that they were made before I was born. In the case of The Lawrence Welk show, that was made even before my parents were born. As I was walking out, I saw a lady watching I Love Lucy, which is also really old, but I've actually seen that, and it's pretty funny.

So I bet you're wondering why I'm rambling on about what old ladies watch in nursing homes. It just got me to thinking. What will I watch when I'm a little old lady in a nursing home? I can just picture me sitting there in a wheelchair, watching Saved By The Bell or The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. If that's what's going to happen, I'm all for it! 

"Now pass me my prune juice and bowl of peppermints, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is on!"
-duckyone


No comments:

Post a Comment