Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yay for reality TV!

Yes, I watch too much reality tv. What can I say? It's nice to get a big dose of "reality" after the reality of working and/or watching my kiddo all day. So here's the rundown of the shows I am watching...

*Dancing With The Stars: The don't always find the biggest stars or even "stars" for this, do they? My favorite this season is Kyle Massey, he is funny and looks like he will be pretty good! Jennifer Grey is good. Rick Fox and Bristol Palin really surprised me. I can't say I was too surprised to see The Hoff go last week. Honestly, though, I thought it would be Margaret Cho, and even though she improved this week, I still think she will be next to go.

*Hell's Kitchen: 16 more "chefs" competing to win a spiffy job with a high salary! I am constantly amazed at some of the bad stuff they manage to do. There have only been 2 episodes so far and I am already grossed out by some of the stuff they have cooked. I mean, I am no chef by any stretch of the imagination, but even I can tell the difference between raw and cooked! I also know not to send food out looking unpresentable, no matter how tasty it may be. Doesn't take a genius. I don't have too much of a favorite yet, but I really want Raj and Sabrina to go away. Especially Sabrina. She isn't that good of a cook, she thinks she's better than everyone else, and I sort of think they keep her around just for the ratings because she is drama.

*America's Next Top Model: I am sort of bummed that they split up the sisters, Chris and Terra. Terra got a makeover she didn't even like and then they sent her home right there at the salon before this last episode's photo shoot! So there were 2 eliminations that episode! I still really like Lexie (she reminds me of my brother's girlfriend for some reason), but I think Ann or Esther will probably win this one. I'm guessing Ann. I wouldn't mind that, she does a good job and she is just the right amount of geeky.

*The Amazing Race: I've never watched before, but thanks to a cool YouTube guy named KevJumba, I am watching. Kevin (KevJumba) and his dad are competing this season! Since I think Kevin and his dad are pretty funny guys, I had to tune in to see this. And wouldn't you know it, they started in Gloucester, Massachusetts? They showed a sign that said Beverly on it (where I lived several years ago), and I was like, "I miss home!" My husband and I were cracking up at the teams getting lost in Boston traffic because we are used to it and he knows where all that stuff is. Poor husband got a second dose of the "I miss home!"s when the contestants flew from Boston to London. My husband grew up in England (but he's not British so no spiffy accent, booooo) so he was sitting there enjoying the show but also doing a bit of homesick sulking.

Anyway, that really has nothing to do with the show. It was entertaining. I think I am hooked. And of course, I am rooting for Kevin and Michael- GO TEAM JUMBA! Also, that poor lady who got nailed in the face with a watermelon-OUCH! That chick is manlier than any man because she got right back up and started hurling watermelons, even though she was in pain and couldn't see straight. By the time she got to the checkpoint, she couldn't feel her face! Superman's got nothing on her!


...So that's what I've been watching lately for reality competition type shows. I find that sort of stuff really entertaining for some reason. Sometimes I wish I could be on something like that, but then I remember, I don't want to do all sorts of grueling, tiring, degrading, or gross challenges! Besides, it's too hard to become a star just to go on Dancing With The Stars. Anyone who knows me knows I'm too lazy to put in that sort of effort.

-duckyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment