Thursday, June 17, 2010

No!

Guess which word Curly Girly learned this week? I'll give you a hint- it begins with an N and ends with an O. I first realized it when she spilled her drink and went, "Ohhhhh noooooo." She's totally cute when she spills now because she sounds so glum and then runs over to her dirty laundry basket to grab a towel to mop up her mess.

Then, I asked her to eat a banana this morning. She looks right at me- "No." And then she went and ate the banana anyway. Silly kiddo!

She has also learned the joys of running around completely naked. I took it as a good opportunity to bust out her fancy new potty chair. Guess who's on it....ELMO, of course! The first time I showed her the potty, she wouldn't sit on it, but she kept hitting Elmo's hand, making him talk in English, Spanish, and French. Only thing creepier than Elmo talking is Elmo talking in 3 different languages. Second night I put her near the potty, she sat on it for about 5 minutes and kept saying, "Elmo" as she made Elmo talk. Small steps toward eventual potty training, I suppose. Any step closer is a success. Now if only I could figure out how to switch Elmo to English only. *sigh*

-duckyone.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Emma says no like a question. I think it kinda sounds like a dutch person. Don't ask me how I figured that one out :p

    And she LOVES to pull off her diaper while playing in various rooms and seeing how long she can escape Mommy and Daddy's notice. Quite the mischievous one.

    ReplyDelete