Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer reality shows

 I was bummed over not being able to watch my favorite reality tv shows, but I found a few prospects to at least tide me over until the fall.

 First off, True Beauty. It's not as good as my favorites, but it's entertaining at least. Here's what it's about: 10 contestants think they are in the running to be "The Face of Las Vegas." But they are really being judged on "inner beauty" with secret tests that they don't find out about until they are eliminated. It's filled with ridiculously "beautiful" people, and enough fake body parts to start a Barbie factory. It really makes me never want to get tooth whitening or a fake tan. It should be interesting. It is amazing what they catch these people doing when they don't think anyone is watching them.

I've also been watching The Bachelorette. I wasn't intending to watch, but seeing 25 guys fighting over one girl is hilarious. It's funnier than watching 25 girls fight over one guy. When the girls would fight, they were downright catty and mean and devious. When the guys fight, they resort to making lame jokes about each other and acting downright wimpy. My favorites right now are Chris from Massachusetts, and the Texas weatherman.

And last but not least, my summer favorite, Hell's Kitchen. Chef Gordon Ramsay cracks me up! One episode in and I'm already highly amused and entertained. I won't spoil tonight's episode for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but the first test, where the new contestants make their signature dishes, has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while! As usual, they must try to find people who aren't the smartest in the kitchen, and this season is no exception. One lady tonight didn't know the difference between lobster and crab. Now, I understand never cooking with it, since I don't like seafood, but don't put something into the dish if you don't know what it is! It doesn't hurt to ask if you aren't sure on something.

What are your favorite shows to watch this summer?
-duckyone.

1 comment:

  1. I am watching True Beauty, Drop Dead Diva starts soon, Eureka as well, Army Wives.....going to try to remember to watch Bachelorette (yay for Hulu).

    ReplyDelete