Monday, August 9, 2010

Addicted to YouTube

Due to the lack of decent summer tv programming, and the bummed out-ness of my husband losing his job last week, I have been watching YouTube videos for entertainment. It's great, because all the videos are short, so I can watch videos when I'm not completely busy with my toddler. Plus, I have an iPod Touch so I can watch these videos wherever I want, including on the toilet should I so please. (No, I don't really want to sit on the toilet and watch videos, but knowing I can is sort of cool.) My favorite stuff to watch is funny stuff, 80s shows, and anime, so if anyone out there has suggestions, my eyes and ears are open to new stuff to watch! Here are a few of my favorites, in no particular order:

1. FAILBlog: short videos of people doing stupid stuff. Usually videos are less than a minute long so they are great for a quick laugh.

2. Smosh: Ok, so I feel like a giant follower since they are like the 5th most subscribed on YouTube or something like that, but there's a reason why people like them. It's funny! Smosh is Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla, 2 silly guys who like to make videos with dumb humor. If you want to see people having food battles with pink sprinkle donuts and taquitos, then this is the channel for you! If you're not into stupid stuff, then you probably wouldn't find it funny.

3. ShaneDawsonTV: Another very popular channel- 2nd or 3rd most watched I think. Shane Dawson is one funny dude. He does a lot of his characters on his own. He does use a lot of bad language, especially during his skits, but if you watch the beginning and end of his videos, he seems like a funny but sweet guy. He must be doing something right, he just won a Teen Choice Award! If you like him, he has other channels as well- ShaneDawsonTV2 is where he posts answers to viewers questions.

4. Fred: I don't follow "Fred Figgelhorn" (played by Lucas Cruikshank) but I watch his videos now and then. You may have seen him on Nickelodeon or Disney Channel. I saw him on Disney, on Hannah Montana as a guy who did cartoon voices. His character, Fred, is supposed to be a squeaky voiced 6-ish year old with a weird family life. If you can handle a dude who sounds like a deranged chipmunk, you might like it. I can only handle it once in a while.


Those are my current things to watch, but I like to watch different stuff all the time, so I'm open to ideas of what to watch next. I'd like to hear what other people think is funny or entertaining...

-duckyone

No comments:

Post a Comment