Thursday, August 12, 2010

On why I should keep my big yap shut.

My husband was watching tv the other night, which means I have to suffer through "nerd programming." Last night's selection was an episode of "Warehouse 13." He has it set up to record every week, which means I get to watch it every week. Meanwhile, I have no idea what it's about, since I space out as soon as it comes on. I would assume it might have something to do with warehouses? :) It's on SyFy channel, so that should give you at least a vague idea of the kind of show it is.

The reason I can't tell you anything about the show is that it's lame, so I can't pay attention to it even if I try. Occasionally, I will snap back into reality to watch a scene, after while I will complain about the bad acting, my husband will grumble me, and I will zone out again. This happened last night. I watched about a minute, complained that the actors looked like the were reading off of cue cards, and spaced back out again. But before I did, I managed to post the following comment on Twitter:

 "So I know that *I* can't act, but seriously, Warehouse 13 has the worst acting! Can't see why my husband likes this show so much."

I love Twitter. I'm a little addicted to it. I use it to enter contests (I've won a few things, like diapers, cereal, a necklace, a notebook, etc.), and also to Tweet about any random comment that pops into my head. I usually grumble about lame reality tv, mention something cute the baby did, or make perverted Sesame Street comments. It's basically like talking to a wall, since my followers are mostly company accounts (aka ads) or family members. That's ok. I don't mind making silly comments to nobody. :)

Anyhow, before I went to bed, I checked my Twitter and saw this comment in response to my Warehouse 13 grumbling:

" 'Cuz he's one smart S.O.B.? ;)) Go Warehouse 13!"

I chuckled to my husband because I figured some random Warehouse 13 fan got all uppity about my comment and decided to be funny. For some reason, my husband asked who sent it, and I was like, "I don't know, some random dude, Eddie McClintock?"

At this point, my husband nearly has a cow and was like "WHAT?!" and I didn't see the big deal, until I looked at this dude's profile and see a green check mark. Now if you use Twitter, you already know what that means. If you don't, I will explain. Green check mark means a verified account, and you can't get a verified account unless you are sort of a big deal. It's basically proving you are who you say you are, and generally only celebrities get the fancy green check.

My husband then says, "That's the guy who you said can't act!"

Oops! My bad. I sent him back a Tweet saying that I can't act so what do I know, and that he and my husband win. At this point I felt sort of dumb...I didn't think an actor would do a Twitter search of his own show and stumble upon my comment. Sheesh!

My husband was jealous that I got a response back, so I sent a message to Mr. McClintock asking if he could please sent a Tweet to my husband because he would totally have a cow. I didn't tell my husband I was doing this, and the following message made his night...

"If your wife's having trouble watching me on Warehouse 13, try plying her w/ cocktails first. It works on my wife every time!"

I think my husband almost had a geek attack, and he might just like me a little more for getting Eddie McClintock to talk to him. I may not like the show, but I think Eddie McClintock has gotten himself another fan. Super nice! (And I should stop complaining about tv shows, haha)

-duckyone
(And if you don't believe me, feel free to follow me on Twitter @duckyone. You'll see what I'm talking about!)

No comments:

Post a Comment