Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mullet-tastic!

There's not much to do here out in the cornfields of Nebraska, so I watch too much tv and ponder strange things. Lately, I've been pondering mullets. You all know what I'm talking about- that bodaciously awful hairstyle- "business in the front, party in the back." I spent 3 years living in Wyoming, and now I've been in Nebraska over 3 years, so I've seen mullets here and there. (I've also seen a plethora of cowboy styled outfits, but that's a rambling for another time.)

I can't imagine why people think that mullets are cool- I just know that some people like them. I'm not judging on their hairstyle today, honest. Rock your own style, and feel free to think my (non-mullet, in case you're wondering) hair or clothes are freaky. My pondering is more about how they obtain their mullet.

Do people go to a stylist to get their mullet? I mean, I can't imagine going to a stylist and asking for one, but some must be mullet experts, right? Or is the wonder and usefulness of mullet-y goodness that it is easy to create and maintain. Do they cut it themselves? Do they own a Flowbee? I could imagine that a mullet is fairly easy as far as hairstyles go, because if you're cutting it yourself, you don't have to worry about cutting the hair in the back of your hair, and only worry about the part you can see. No more calling your little sister in to help you out and hoping she doesn't give you a bald spot or cut you with scissors!

Everyone, feel free to tell me what you think about mullets, but what I really want to know is how mullet wearers get their hairstyle. I'm curious!
-duckyone

No comments:

Post a Comment