Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What should I do when I grow up?

So my husband goes into work today, and they give him a choice- take an over $2 an hour pay cut (plus losing the mandatory overtime, so instead of 48 hours he won't even be guaranteed 40), or get fired. Not sure what we will do yet but needless to say, I will most likely be going back to full time in the near future. But just because I am odd, here is my list of possible different jobs to try out.

1. Land pirate- I'm in Nebraska, meaning I cannot go sailing the seven seas in search of dubloons and treasure and whatnot. So I'm thinking a ship on wheels is more my style, looting and pillaging and shaking down old ladies for their prune juice money and extra peppermints. Yarrr! Then, once I'm established and my treasure chest be full o' booty, I will start merchandising. Peanut Butter Pirate Puffs cereal,  anyone? How about a line of juices called Grog (and Grog Light for the nutrition conscious?) Also lime pies. We don't want anyone getting scurvy.

2. Giant ugly foot model- Have you ever seen the episode of King of the Hill where Peggy Hill becomes a foot model? She thinks it is to make big footed people feel beautiful but it turns out to be a foot fetish website? Yeah. I may not have size 16 1/2 feet, but my size 11s are plenty big enough to be laughed at.

3. Start a YouTube channel of videos of Nebraska- 5 minutes of just staring into a corn field and watching corn grow? I'm allllll over that. It could be all about corn! Watching corn, planting corn, cooking corn, eating corn...Oh wait, I'm allergic to corn. That may not be such a good plan. Nothing like wheezing, peeling skin, and terrible stomachaches to make a good day stinky (and literally stinky- the stomach thing means some not-so-pleasant gas).

Anyone have any good ideas for what we should do about the job situation? Serious or silly. I sure could use a laugh tonight!
-duckyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment