Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Greetings!

I can see corn out my front window. Yes, it's about exciting as it sounds. And I spend the majority of the time at home watching my daughter, so most of the time, I don't even know what the date is unless I need to look it up for whatever reason. I do have a job, I work retail, and that it least helps me to know what day of the week it is sometimes.

Life in Nebraska is mostly corn and wind. Snow and below zero in the winter, tornadoes and 90s in the summer. The best part? I'm allergic to corn. When the corn starts getting ripe, and when they cut it down, it makes it hard to breathe. The whole corn thing is a whole other story that I might get into later but not now since it's almost 2 AM.

I live here with my husband and 1 year old daughter. We're not from here. We've lived here almost 3 years and I still feel like a stranger and an alien. I want to go to home home, which, by the way, is Massachusetts. It's practically an impossibility at the moment, because while it was cheap to move this way, it's certainly not cheap to get back out that way. It's not terrible here, but most of the family is out east and I want my little girl to have her family around as she gets older.

Since I am home so much, most of my posts will probably be about the weird things I think about because I have way too much time to sit here and think about odd junk. Just don't say I didn't warn you.
-duckyone.

1 comment:

  1. I want to go home to MA too sis. Gotta get all the cousins together for lots of playdates growing up! I totally know Bink and Goobers will be best friends :D

    ReplyDelete